Unless the room is relatively unused, your carpet takes more abuse than most areas of your home. After all, the carpet gets regular foot traffic and that might include many different types of shoes, that are tracking in any number of things from the outdoors. There’s a reason most people’s grandmothers had plastic runners in their “good rooms” and didn’t let anyone in the house without taking off their shoes.
Todays carpets, if well maintained, can last many years and look just as beautiful as the day they were installed. It’s usually recommended that you vacuum at least once a week to maintain the look of your carpet. If the room gets a lot of foot traffic, you may need to vacuum more often. For a room that’s rarely used, you may only want to vacuum as is necessary to keep dust at bay. It’s also recommended that you have your carpets professionally cleaned once every year or two.
In the case of stains, it’s highly recommended that you treat them immediately. We offer care instructions that work great for stain removal when an accident is taken care of immediately. However, even the most diligent maintenance won’t always work on every stain. In those cases, a professional carpet cleaning and stain removal will help you restore your carpet.
5 Types of Stains That May Need a Professional Carpet Cleaning
There are a number of stains that can be difficult to remove from carpeting without the right expertise. You also want to be very careful with removal products because they can cause discoloration or damage to your carpet. Here are a list of some of the most common types of stains that can be too difficult to remove without a professional cleaning.
- Red Wine / Dark Juices. Red wine and dark juices can leave a very noticeable stain that’s exceptionally difficult to remove. These spills are also very common, which is why many parents switched to white grape and lighter juices.
- Coffee. Many coffee drinkers will take it everywhere with them but because of the color, it’s a difficult stain to remove. Treating the stain immediately will help your chances. However, if you don’t notice the stain until it’s set, a professional cleaning might be your best option.
- Grass. Grass stains are notoriously difficult to treat on any type of fabric, especially carpet. It’s preferable to make sure people take off their shoes, especially if they’ve been working out in the yard. But that’s not always possible with children and a lively household.
- Blood. Blood stains are very common and exceptionally difficult to remove. There’s no real way to protect your carpet from these stains because, obviously, these are often caused by an accidental cut or injury.
- Grease. Grease might come from any number of areas. This might be from spilling greasy food or from someone working with machinery. Grease spills happen more often than you might think. Use the removal method linked above but, in many cases, you’ll want a professional cleaning to keep your carpet looking its best.
Are You in Need of a Professional Carpet Cleaning?
If you’re in need of a professional carpet cleaning to remove spots or just to maintain your floors, the experts at A Personal Touch can help. Contact us today to discuss your needs: 720-344-2870 or send a message online.