To achieve a clean carpet that’s free of germs and bacteria, you’ll need to have it cleaned by a professional on a regular basis or every six months or so. Regular carpet and rug maintenance can help in between professional cleanings.
Keep an eye out for spills and take care of them in a quick manner to keep your carpet clean. Simply using water on a spill will help most of them. If that doesn’t work, you can also use a mixture of water and vinegar or club soda to help you get tough spot stains out. By taking immediate action you can prevent spills from becoming stains that leave you with a dirty and messy carpet and can help prevent germs and bacteria from building up in the fibers.
You should also take the time to vacuum your carpet often and make sure you do a thorough job. This means going over the floor in several directions to allow the vacuum time to pick up all it can. High quality vacuums are the best choice, as they get up the most debris, dust and pollen.
Here are a few tips to help keep germs, bacteria, dust and pollen out of your house and carpets:
- Use entrance mats outside of your doors and make sure that anyone who enters your home use the mats to help get debris and dirt off of their shoes before they enter.
- Request that guests do the same, prior to entering your home.
- Consider removing your shoes and leaving them outside or on a mat just inside your door to help prevent dirt and debris from being tracked onto carpets.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs on a daily basis to pick up dry dirt and debris.
- Spot clean other stains or soils as they happen.
Maintaining and keeping a clean carpet is more than just healthy, as it can also help to prolong the life of the carpet. A clean carpet can help add value to the home if it is maintained on a regular basis. Call us today at 720.344.2870 or use our online contact form to request your free estimate. Remember at A Personal Touch, “We don’t cut corners, we clean them.”