Frequent Cleaning, Vacuuming, and Spot Cleaning Will Extend the Life of Your Carpets and Upholstery

If you have kids, pets, or a household full of people then you know how hard it is to keep on up cleaning! Maintaining and keeping a clean carpet is more than just cleaning and prolonging the life of the carpet; it’s about being healthy too! Did you know that allergens can get trapped and live in your carpet fibers?

If you have just laid carpet then you are already aware of the expenses involved with doing so. A clean carpet will add value to the home if it is well maintained, and it will also help to protect your new carpet investment.

Regular vacuuming and spot cleaning will also help keep odors to a minimum, and it will help to make a comfortable and allergen-free home for your friends and your family.

How often should I deep clean my carpets?

Make sure that you get a deep cleaning of the carpet at least every 6-12 months. To achieve a deep cleaning for your carpet, you’ll need to have it cleaned by a professional, such as A Personal Touch Carpet Cleaning.

Clean up spills as they happen

Keep your eye out for spills and take care of them quickly to keep your carpet clean. For most stains, blotting it with water should do the trick. For tougher stains or stains that have been sitting, you can try a mixture of water and vinegar on the stain. Apply the mixture, let it sit for 1-2 minutes then blot it out.

By taking immediate action you can prevent spills from becoming stains that leave you with a permanent stains, messes or odors.

Vacuum regularly in between deep cleanings

You should vacuum your carpets weekly. The best method for vacuuming is to go over the carpet in several different directions to allow the vacuum time to pick up all it can. High quality vacuums are the best for picking up the most dirt, dust, and pollen and you can find some more vacuuming tips here.

Stop the dirt at the door

Keep from tracking dirt, soil, and mud into your house by using a single entrance and remove your shoes at the door to keep most of the tracked soils off the surface of the carpet. Put entrance mats outside of your doors and make sure that anyone who enters your home use the mats to help get debris and dirt off of their shoes before they enter. You can also take off your shoes and request that guests do the same, prior to entering your home.

Around 80% of the dirt that enters your home are dry. The remaining 20% are greases, oils, and starches. The dry soil types are easily removed by vacuuming. As long as they are removed on a regular basis, it will help to minimize the damage to the carpet.

Protect your carpet and upholstery investment with a call to A Personal Touch Carpet Cleaning Services today. We can’t wait to help you say goodbye to dirt, dust, soil and allergens! Call us today at 720-344-2870. Remember at A Personal Touch, “We don’t cut corners, we clean them.”

Refer a friend and receive a $25.00 gift certificate for your next cleaning.

REQUEST A FREE QUOTE! WE’LL RESPOND PROMPTLY!

    Share This