Carpet patching and carpet stretching are two common remedies that A Personal Touch Carpet Cleaners has years of experience with. If you’re in need of carpet repair near Littleton, CO, you may be wondering how these two solutions differ, and which one is right for you. Let’s look closer at both approaches.
Carpet patching is the process of replacing a section of wall-to-wall carpeting that’s been permanently damaged by a spill, fire, or other accident. Instead of purchasing all-new carpet and dinging your budget, the goal of carpet patching is to isolate the affected area, remove it, and replace it with a matching section of good carpet. The process typically works like this:
- Our experts measure the damaged area in order to determine the exact size for replacement.
- After measuring the replacement space, we’ll tape around the area, ensuring that the tape’s inside edge matches our measurements. At this point, we’ll also procure a replacement piece. Ideally, you’ll have extra carpet left over from the installation – maybe in the attic or crawlspace. If not, we’ll “farm” the replacement piece from another part of the room – an inconspicuous area such as under a bed or inside a closet.
- With a special cutting tool, we’ll cut out and remove the damaged section, being careful not to cut the padding beneath.
- Using the measurements taken earlier, we’ll cut the replacement patch. Then we’ll prepare the existing carpeting to receive the patch, carefully set it into place, and use a carpet brush to smooth the entire area in order to conceal the patch’s seams.
Wrinkled, loose carpeting isn’t just ugly to look at – it can also be a safety hazard, especially if you have small children running around. The best way to remove those wrinkles is to have a professional carpet company like A Personal Touch Carpet Cleaners stretch your carpet and make it look brand-new again. Here’s a summary of how this works:
- Our carpet experts pull up the ends of the carpet and stretch it until it’s taut. The carpet is lifted by employing a few different tools that help separate the carpet at its edges and detach the carpet from the tack strip. Stretching the carpet requires a large power stretcher to remove the folds, followed by a smaller power stretcher (aka, a “kicker”) to take care of any particularly stubborn wrinkles.
- Once the carpet is taut, we’ll use our tools to remove any excess material around the carpet’s perimeter, and then put the carpet back in place. The carpet is then secured with an industrial-grade staple gun that prevents it from “relaxing” again in the future.
- Due to the labor and tools necessary for carpet stretching, we highly recommend hiring A Personal Touch Carpet Cleaners for the job. Trying to do this by yourself or with a friend could permanently damage the carpet, or even worse, lead to injury.
If you need help with carpet patching, carpet stretching, or carpet cleaning near Littleton, CO, contact us today for a free quote.