Get some great tips on keeping your vacuum cleaner in great shape and getting the most from your vacuuming time!
- To get the most out of a vacuum cleaner, it must be properly maintained.
- If it has a replaceable bag, it should be exchanged when about half full.
- Never vacuum up moist soils or damp carpet. This can cause bacterial growth and odors inside the vacuum.
- Check the belts and make sure that the brushes or rollers are in good condition. Annual tune-ups are recommended to keep a vacuum operating at peak performance.
- Do not rush over the surface of the carpet. Vacuum over high traffic areas in two different directions to remove the most soil.